Surprisingly, this year has been a bit of an awards nomination bonanza for me. I’m on the shortlist for the Australian Shadows Awards for The Rocky Wood Award for Non-Fiction and Criticism. It’s for my piece on Ryūnosuke Akutagawa at Weird Fiction Review, which you can read online for free.
It’s great to see so many pieces up for consideration. The shortlist for non-fiction and criticism is:
- 101 Weird Writers #46 – Ryūnosuke Akutagawa, Kat Clay. (Weird Fiction Review)
- Literary Serial Killer Fiction: The Evolution of a Genre, William Cook. (Victoria University, Wellington NZ)
- The Body Horror Book, Claire Fitzpatrick. (Oscillate Wildly Press)
- It Follows is the Millennial STD Parable of Our Time, Maria Lewis. (SBS)
- A Shared Ambition: Horror Writers in Horror Fiction, Kyla Lee Ward. (AHWA, Midnight Echo #12)
What’s really exciting is that the awards will be presented at Continuum 14 in Melbourne this year. I’ll be there and I hope you can come along too! Purchasing a ticket to the Maskobalo (Masked Ball) will get you into the awards ceremony, but why not come for the whole weekend? I’ll be presenting a number of panels and I’m really looking forward to the one on Horror in Translation.