As many of you know, Melbourne is back in lockdown for six-weeks. While we’ve got through this before, it was a difficult time for many people, myself included.
I wanted to do something positive to support Victorian writers and bookstores during lockdown, so I’ve created the #VicReads lockdown reading challenge.
For six weeks, I’m reading a themed book, especially focussing on Victorian writers (that’s Victoria the state, not the time period!). This is to give me something to focus on and hopefully get us through lockdown a little bit easier.
Starting today I’ll be reading:
- Week 1: A science fiction novel by a Victorian author
- Week 2: A mental health book
- Week 3: A book set in Melbourne
- Week 4: A book by an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander author
- Week 5: A book bought at your local bookshop (or library)
- Week 6: A 2020 new release by a Victorian author
You don’t have to be Australian to join in. Tag your posts on social media with #VicReads. I’d love to see what you’re reading.
Let’s stay strong in lockdown!