Many thanks to all those who attended my recent webinar on the State of Cyberpunk in the Asia Pacific. I was stoked to see so many people turn up, and join a very thought-provoking conversation about the origins of Cyberpunk, and where we see it going in the future.
In case you missed it, you can watch the recording below. I’ve also provided links to the resources that were discussed in the chat.
The excellent speakers were Amanda Bridgeman, Corey J. White, T.R. Napper, Jamila R. Nedjadi, and Yudhanjaya Wijeratne.
Links and resources
- Ricepunk Manifesto
- Noe Alzii Photography
- Intermultiversal podcast
- Science Fiction Economics Lab
- The Age of Surveillance Capitalism
Asian and Australian cyberpunk novels
- Trucksong by Andrew McRae
- Analog/Virtual: And Other Simulations of Your Future by Lavanya Lakshminarayan
- Chosen Spirits by Samit Basu
- Neon Leviathan and Thirty-Six Streets by T.R. Napper (coming soon)
- Repo Virtual by Corey J. White
- The Salvation Series by Amanda Bridgeman
- The Salvage Crew, The Inhuman Race, and Numbercaste by Yudhanjaya Wijeratne
- Cyberpunk: Malaysia edited by Zen Cho
Movies, Games and TV
- Balikbayan: Returning home TTRPG by Jamila R Nedjadi
- The Veil Cyberpunk TTRPG
- Dark City – directed by Australian Alex Proyas
- Psycho Pass
- Mr Robot
- Disco Elysium
- Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040
- Strange Days
If you have anything to add to this list, let me know in the comments below.